What is a Student Mentor?
Student Mentors will meet with a student on a 1:1 basis or in a small group to:
- Share experiences
- Give help, advice and guidance, where appropriate
- Point to other sources of support or referral.
Who are Student Mentors?
Student Mentors are part of the Student Commission who have been selected from Year 11-13. They will be…
- Good communicators
- Excellent listeners
- Able to encourage and support
- Able to organise and plan
- Have a positive attitude
- Be a good role model
What is Involved?
Student Mentors will agree to…
- Undertake initial training and attend support sessions.
- Have regular meetings with their mentee and keep records.
- Complete a Personal Training Log
Student Mentor Structure